UnaFold avaibility? Or lack there of

Ask questions, report problems or request new features for the UNAFold software.
JanKlatka

UnaFold avaibility? Or lack there of

Post by JanKlatka »

Hello I would like to try out CondAlt software from ttps://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0217625 but it depends upon UNAFold
which seems impossible to track down.
On UNAFOLD site http://www.unafold.org/Dinamelt/softwar ... nafold.php it says that UNAFold is available
but download links are nowhere to be found. There aren't any other useful information that would help acquiring it either.

I'd appreciate any info about how could an ordinary man such as I lay hands upon cmdline version of UNAFold.
Thank You!
nmarkham
Site Admin

Re: UnaFold avaibility? Or lack there of

Post by nmarkham »

Hi Jan,

I'm sorry I didn't respond to this sooner!

Unfortunately, it isn't as simple as a download link. As the page you mentioned says:
Both commercial and non-commercial use require a license from RPI. See https://ipo.rpi.edu/invention/unafold-version-40 for details.
(I need to update some of the details on that page, but it won't change how you proceed!)

The upshot of the page on RPI's site seems to be that you need to contact Tasha Sanford at the email address they give, innovation [at] rpi [dot] edu. You might cc Michael (mzuker577 [at] gmail [dot] com) and myself (nrmarkham [at] gmail [dot] com) on that email.

I hope this helps!

Nick
eandres

Post by eandres »

Dear nmarkham,

We ask for the license a couple of weeks ago but we have not receive any response. Should we ask for the licence to any other email ?
Thanks in advance
nmarkham
Site Admin

Post by nmarkham »

Argh! I'm sorry they've ignored you. I responded to your email in hopes of getting RPI's attention.

If this doesn't pan out soon, I'll explore some other ways of contacting someone at RPI.

It occurs to me that it's probably between semesters now at RPI. There's a tiny chance we won't be able to get in touch with anyone until January, but I'm not resigned to that just yet.