OligoArrayAux v3.8 compilation fail

Ask questions, report problems or request new features for the UNAFold software.
nmarkham
Site Admin

Re: OligoArrayAux v3.8 compilation fail

Post by nmarkham »

Hmm, maybe my C89-compatibility idea was half-baked. :( I'm baffled at those error messages from clang.

Going back to getting the build to work "naturally", I think the next step would be to edit energy.h and change line 19 to "# define isFinite(x) isfinite(x)", i.e. add "is" before finite.

The good news is that I tried building myself with CFLAGS=-std=c99 in an attempt to reproduce your errors, and this was the last change I had to make to get a clean build!

(If this works, maybe I'll add another source download for M1 Macs and anything else that needs more modern C.)
Sizzle0756

Post by Sizzle0756 »

Indeed that seems to work! Thanks!

I tried it's implementations in the DECIPHER package and it works.

Again, thank you so much for your help.

Best,

Fabian
nmarkham
Site Admin

Post by nmarkham »

Thank you for your patience and for helping me work this out!

Now that we know what changes are necessary, I've updated http://www.unafold.org/Dinamelt/softwar ... rayaux.php to have a source download for 3.8.1.

For anyone interested in building OAA on an ARM Mac, now or in the future, version 3.8.1 should compile with a C99 compiler without any issues. This may also be useful for x86 Macs and other platforms that need to build OAA from source (i.e. anything other than Linux or Windows on x86 hardware).
bhumm

Post by bhumm »

Thank Nick and Fabian for solving this problem!

-Blake