The exported image of RNA

Ask questions, report problems or request new features for the UNAFold software.
zhou2017

The exported image of RNA

Post by zhou2017 »

Hi! I am trying to fold my RNA by UNAFold, the problem is that the exported image of RNA structure is vertical, I would like to have a horizontal image. Is that possible? what should I do?
nmarkham
Site Admin

Re: The exported image of RNA

Post by nmarkham »

When I first read this question I was convinced there must be a flag to change the dimensions of a plot, but there doesn't seem to be. It seems that Postscript plots can only be generated at 13 inches by 17 inches. Raster images can be created at any desired size, but the aspect ratio is unchanged.

I only have two ideas, neither of them a panacea:
  1. Edit the image file afterward. A Postscript file could be edited with a text editor to have a different bounding box, which might achieve the desired result depending on the input image. Likewise, a raster image could be edited with all sorts of image manipulation programs, to remove vertical space and/or add horizontal space
  2. Use the -f option with sir_graph. In my experience, flattening the exterior loop often leads to a more horizontally-oriented image, which might be more amenable to postprocessing as in #1.
I'm sorry I don't have a better answer.